Open: 8:45am to 2:45pm
Monday to Friday
At Rosebank Kindergarten we believe having a calm environment, building strong relationships and embracing bi-culturalism and diversity is crucial for learners. Through play we give opportunities for children to explore, create, problem solve, and develop friendships to encourage them to be curious, confident and capable learners.
What Makes Us Us
- Social Competency Skills - things like learning to build friendships, listening and responding to others, negotiating and cooperating and learning to read social situations
- Growth Mindset - This is about developing a can-do attitude, recognising that hard work and effort is the key to learning. Having a go and accepting that sometimes you will make a mistake, but that it is through making mistakes that you learn the most.
- Rangatira traits – These are characteristics we have identified will support learners to become effective role models and rangatira mō apōpō – leaders of tomorrow. Things like problem solving, communication, risk taking, and empathy.
- Specialised Programmes – We offer Wilderness Warriors when we take a group of children out to explore and play in a local natural environment with a sense of adventure. Our Active Agents programme offers children lots of opportunities to build physical skills as well as listening to and following instructions, being part of a team and developing leadership skills.
- Sustainability – Enviroschools Journey. This is about creating a healthy, peaceful, sustainable world through learning and taking action together.